Monday, April 8, 2013

That tiny voice

I mess up in a lot of ways as a mother but I love my sons with all my heart! There are days when I cling to the hope that Lawson will be in my arms and its all just a dream and today is one of those days.I was driving to work and this song came on.
"Well, everybody's got a story to tell
And everybody's got a wound to be healed
I want to believe there's beauty here
So, I guess you're tired of holding on
I can't let go, I can't move on
I want to believe there's meaning here

Chorus:
How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this"?
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?
Oh I need you
God, I need you now."
Credit to Plumb "Need You Now- How Many Times"

It hit the nail right on the head. It just popped into my head as I'm listening to this song that God knows exactly how we are feeling at the exact moment that we feel it and even before. He knew this moment in my life before I was born. Isn't that awesome and also a little nerve wracking?! He knows the bad things you thik also and that's why I'm glad we are still able to celebrate Easter this past month. Because He died for my sins and rose again so that the times I didn't exactly put all my trust in him or tried to take things into my own hands or even had bad thoughts or did bad things that I would be forgiven!
What do people do that don't have a support system like God or family do in times such as these?! I know that I can admit that even as much strength as those provide I still have felt as though I just might not take the next breath cause the pain was so strong. But because of my support from above and around me I am taking each step minute by minute.

There area times when I'm down and times when I'm ok with all that's went on. I miss my son more than I can say. I just try to trust that I have a God that knows the whys of my life.

I saw a quote the other day that said,

"Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day
saying, "I will try again tomorrow". "

How true that is to me! I have people message me or tell me that I have been so strong and they admire me for that. But honestly I have that tiny voice inside that says I can get through this and will because I have something to live for. Thats the only way I keep myself composed in daily struggles with this. I just have to tell God  this....
"Dear God,
I've tried my best and if today I lose my hope,
please tell me that your plans are better than my dreams."





No comments:

Post a Comment